Friday, July 18, 2008

Cranberry love for chocolate chip oatmeal cookies


Oatmeal Cookie Guy's cookies have been on my mind lately, from his Lime in the Coconut cookies to orange-flavored Florida cookies to Mocha Mint ones. This morning I finally satisfied my cravings; I made a batch of his Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. They were so delicious!


The milk chocolate shavings paired with the semi-sweet chocolates, oh and ground oatmeal, really made a difference to other more traditional recipes I've made in the past. By the way, I grounded regular oatmeal in my food processor until it was pretty fine.

I used a 2-inch cookie scoop and yielded 16 cookies on two small baking sheets. At that time, little Adam was asking to eat some dried cranberries and that sparked an idea.


For the remaining cookie dough, I added slightly more than a handful of sweetened dried cranberries and mixed them in with my spatula. Now I've made chocolate chip and cranberry oatmeal cookies, easy peasy! They were just as delicious; I like the extra chewy cranberry texture in the cookies. YumMM!

1 comment:

oatmealcookieguy said...

Hi, Amelia. Nice improvisation! And how appropriate... I'm from Carver, MA, which is the land of cranberries. :-)