Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We heart strawberry chocolate chip oatmeal cookies


What can I say... these were delicious! Fresh strawberries and chocolate in wholesome ground oatmeal cookies, have one, have a few at a go, no stopping! I used my favorite chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe as usual, then folded in slightly less than 2 cups of chunky fresh strawberries at the end. The 2-inch mounds of cookie dough were baked for 12 minutes in a 350'F oven.


I waived using the food processor as I wanted the berries to retain their juices and chunky shape. They turned out great, some were slightly soggy though. Perhaps next time I should limit the strawberries to 1.5 cups. Or perhaps, as Oatmeal Cookie Guy suggests, refrigerate the cookie dough for 24 hours before folding in the berries. I think I'll do both next time.

1 comment:

oatmealcookieguy said...

Hey, Amelia! These look great! Chocolate and strawberry is definitely a cookie combo I've got to try. :-)