Friday, October 2, 2009

Snuggling with sweater weather oatmeal cookies


It's finally looking like Fall weather here in the San Francisco Bay Area, after oh what, only a steamy 95'F weekend! Tuesday was wonderful, it was blustery and cosy! I'm so ready for the cool season. And cool weather brings out the baker in moi.

Yesterday I baked some aptly named Sweater Weather Cookies, recipe by the one and only Oatmeal Cookie Guy. I loved biting into the cookie and being enveloped by the orange scent, the orange taste. My boys couldn't help themselves either, downing 3 and 4 at a go, and mind you these were jumbo sized cookies (I used a 2-inch scoop).

To quote my favorite Oatmeal Cookie Guy, "Orangey, spicy, bright, slightly smokey, and autumnal" ...all so very true! I'm definitely baking more of these orange gems this season.

No comments: